Dealing with eczema is quite a challenge. Whilst there are a number of ‘prescription’ products available for eczema, the long-term impact on the body is bleak. They are not going to kill you. However you have to realize that most prescription eczema products on the market are steroid-based.
Steroids should of course not be used for long periods of time. The problem is that most people with eczema do have to use the steroids over and over again. This will end up causing long-term skin damage. It is therefore wise to seek a natural alternative. On this page I want to introduce you to what is regarded as the best natural shampoos for eczema.
Our Top 5 shampoos for eczema based on customer reviews from Amazon.com
Puracy natural baby shampoo and body wash has been designed for a wide range of skin conditions. It is mostly used by parents who want to ensure that their child has a natural treatment for their eczema. Each and every ingredient that goes into this bottle is 100% natural. There are no steroids involved here. This ensures that whilst the solution gets to work on the eczema you do not have to worry about awful products being absorbed by the skin that could cause havoc many years down the line.
About this product:
- THIRD GENERATION FORMULA: More Suds, More Moisturizers, Extensively Tested to be Tear-Free; Best EWG.org Ingredient Safety Scores (Green Category), #1 Amazon Customer Rated, No Sulfates, Only Natural Preservatives
- DEVELOPED BY A TEAM OF DOCTORS: Clinically superior results using gentle, nourishing, pure natural ingredients; CITRUS GROVE: A light, subtle blend of pink grapefruit essential oils and 100% natural botanical extracts
- NO ALLERGENS OR IRRITANTS: For all skin types, including those with eczema, cradle cap, and sensitive skin; pH-balanced formula provides mounds of tiny cleaning bubbles, sea salt purifies and balances, while vegetable-based moisturizers retain skin softness
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS: No sulfates (SLS, SLES, SCS), eye-numbing agents, triclosan, formaldehyde, salicylates, parabens, phosphates, SLS, SLES, MEA, DEA, TEA, petroleum-based ingredients, animal by-products, perfumes, dyes or caustics
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Natural, non-toxic, hypoallergenic, vegan, gluten-free, biodegradable; Certified Cruelty-Free – Never Tested on Animals;
- Made in the USA!
Read here about Puracy shampoo on Amazon.
We think that Free & Clear Set is a great product suitable for the entire family. The vast majority of people will start to notice that their inflammation begins to subside in just a few days. Many people have reported that their symptoms clear up completely in just a few short weeks.
About this product:
- Ideal for daily use by the entire family
- pH balanced
- Helps control oily scalp
- Helps remove scales of dandruff
- Cleans both hair and scalp
- Hair and scalp feeling soft and moisturized
Read here about Free & Clear Set on Amazon.
This body wash is ideal for all ages starting with babies as young as three months. It’s made for those who suffer from eczema, atopic dermatitis, and other skin conditions that lead to chronic dry, sensitive skin. Clinically proven to relieve dry, itchy skin, this creamy cleanser calms skin for long-lasting relief. Its unique formulation of ingredients helps support skin’s natural barrier while delivering much needed hydration.
About this product:
- Awarded the seal of acceptance from the National Eczema Association
- Safe for babies three months and older
- Clinically proven to hydrate skin with eczema and atopic dermatitis
- Skin-nourishing oils
- Soap-free cleanser
- Advanced technology helps restore skin hydration
- Contains ingredients that soothe dry, itchy skin
- Paraben, nut oil, fragrance, and steroid free. Packaging for the product may vary
See here more information on Amazon.
This is one of the highest rated eczema shampoos on Amazon. Many people have said that they got almost instant relief in 48 hours after using this shampoo for the first time. Redness and irritation will disappear within a couple of hours. The skin will feel completely smooth. This makes it perfect for parents who want to ensure that their child is not scratching themselves to the point where they end up causing severe bleeding.
About this product from Elizabeth Parker’s description:
- NO MORE TEARS! Stop the water works, and let baby enjoy bath time. This Baby Shampoo is made with gentle, natural, and non-allergenic ingredients so baby can get clean and healthy all at the same time.
- MORE COMFORTABLE THAN EVER. Our shampoo is designed in every way to soothe, repair, and replenish baby’s sensitive scalp in order to finally get rid of uncomfortable scalp conditions once and for all. Effective against cradle cap, dermatitis, dry scalp, flaky scalp, psoriasis, and more!
- PURE AND SAFE. Baby’s skin is sensitive, so why would you want to risk a product full of chemicals? We leave the junk out—you’ll find no chemicals, irritants, or fillers, here—so you can leave the stress out.
- QUALITY, NOT QUANTITY. You and your baby deserve the best product possible. That’s why we searched the world over to bring you the most powerful ingredients nature has to offer, like raw manuka honey, organic aloe vera, cehami, and many more. You don’t have to worry about whether or not it’ll work—we made sure that it does.
- YOUR SATISFACTION GUARANTEED. You are our number one priority. If for any reason you’re not satisfied, we offer a money back guarantee—no questions asked!
Read here about Elizabeth Parker Naturals shampoo for eczema on Amazon.
Exederm philosophy is simple … avoid irritants that trigger eczema … always use the mildest ingredients possible. Why take risks with the sensitive skin of a child.
About this product:
- Exederm Intensive baby shampoo is a winner of the National Eczema Association’s coveted Seal of Acceptance award and scored a perfect 5/5 from their panel for it’s ultra sensitive formulation.
- Ultra Hypoallergenic non-irritating formula
- Gently cleanses hair and scalp
- Tear free
- Frangrance and color free
- No sodium laureth sulphate, no cocamidopropyl betaine
Read here about Exederm shampoo on Amazon.
Now of course it is worth mentioning at this point that whilst these are the best natural shampoos on the market they are not actually going to cure the condition. There is no cure available for eczema at the moment. Many people who have used shampoo for their eczema symptoms have however noticed that regular use of shampoo for eczema will help them manage their symptoms to the degree that it is rare to have any flare-up at all.
If you, or perhaps your child, are suffering from eczema then I really do suggest that you at least check out one of the shampoos for a couple of weeks. I am sure that you will very quickly come to realize why these products have been regarded as the best natural shampoos for eczema on the market.
Whilst eczema is not a particularly dangerous skin condition it can cause a considerable amount of irritation not to mention self-esteem issues. It is therefore important that those who suffer from the condition learn how to treat eczema. It is probably worth noting at this point that there is not actually a cure for the condition. This means that if you are suffering from eczema then there is a good chance that you may be dealing with it for the rest of your life (although children may actually end up growing out of the condition). Let’s talk a little bit about how to control eczema symptoms.
Things to remember when dealing with eczema
The majority of people out there will discover that their eczema only occurs in certain situations. They may suffer random flare-ups from time to time of course however the vast majority of flare-ups will actually be triggered by something. If you wish to combat eczema then you need to identify what your triggers actually are. Triggers do vary from person to person however there are a few common ones that you may want to be on the lookout for:
- Certain soaps may cause eczema flare-ups. Many eczema sufferers may actually wish to look into ‘soap substitute’ products.
- Certain washing powders and conditioners.
- Scratching the surface of the skin. If you need to eliminate an itch then it is suggested that you rub the area lightly as opposed to using your fingernails.
- The skin becoming irritated by clothing. It is suggested that you try to wear cotton as opposed to materials such as wool.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures (either hot or cold)
- House dust mites. It is suggested that those with eczema give their home a deep clean as often as possible. Many people with serious eczema may consider cleaning their home properly once a week. Some people may find that once a month is all it takes.
- Certain food allergies. If you believe that you are allergic to a certain food product then you should talk to a doctor. They will be able to provide you with advice on how to determine whether you have an allergy or not.
Many people notice that their eczema starts to flare-up when their skin becomes dry. It is therefore suggested that you moisturize regularly. You should be moisturizing your skin at least twice a day although it is suggested that you moisturize whenever you feel as though your skin is becoming too dry.
When you are suffering through a severe eczema flare-up then your doctor may prescribe you topical steroids (will either come in a cream or ointment form). These will be applied directly to the eczema. This should hopefully reduce the inflammation quite quickly. It is worth noting that due to the damage steroids may cause to the skin this is NOT a long-term solution. Your doctor will likely only prescribe a course of treatment for two weeks at a time.
If you believe that you are suffering from eczema then it is suggested you head to your doctor as soon as possible. They will be able to provide you with all the advice that you need when it comes to eczema treatment.